Amanda Mattick, MA, LMHC, CCTP, CAP
Amanda Mattick at Mindset Counseling Solutions is an excellent choice to help you achieve mental wellness. I help young adults move from feeling anxious to feeling balanced. On the other side of controlling others and trying to make everything perfect is SERENITY and THE ABILITY TO LET THINGS GO.
Therapy can be intimidating when you think about sharing your whole life story with a stranger. So I’ll share a little about myself to share some vulnerability.
Ever since middle school girls would tell me things (stories, drama, crushes, struggles, joys). My curiosity progressed into high school when friends would share intimate things willingly with me. I would listen, give advice, and follow up. Fast forward… I found out there was a career for what I loved… Therapist! Meeting people, listening to their unique stories, supporting their goals. Sign me up! Just like that I was starting to volunteer (yes, for free) at daycares, crisis centers, research studies, and non-profit agencies – anything I could do to CONNECT with people. I can’t imagine doing anything else because it’s really all I’ve ever done.
Fast forward to now, I am married with 2 sons and a dog, aka: “boymom” and “Mompreneur”. I have my dream job in private practice where I literally get excited about going to work to talk with my clients (Really! How many people can say that?). I get to sit alongside and watch growth and change happen before my eyes (cue tears).
Therapy With Me:
In an average session with me you can expect to share openly of whatever is on your mind. As you share I use my “Gentle Direct Approach”—meaning I will challenge you when necessary but in a caring way. I may point out some inconsistencies I hear between your thoughts and behaviors. This allows you to receive a neutral outlook rather than just having a therapist nodding and agreeing with everything you say. I love to use analogizes so that you also have a visual of what was discussed. At the end of session we review a summary of what was discussed and then I give practical tools you can use to continue to move forward.
I have found the more consistent my clients practice the tools discussed in session the quicker the results. I love to see clients come in with journal entries and specific instances they need help with so we can come up with a game plan of how to solve the issue. We will work together to come up with a custom treatment plan and schedule to fit your needs. I truly want you to feel better as quickly as possible. Great accomplishments are made with diligence, consistency, and support! I look forward to working with you!
- Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling from Argosy University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of South Florida
Licenses & Certifications:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) – MH14548
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
- Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) – ADC-007484-2015
- Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy – 197113035
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level 1
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Trained
Community Outreach & Contributions:
- Published contributor and author for Suntree Living educating the community about mental health topics
- Volunteer coordinator for Counselors for Change (C4C)
- Presenter for Florida Counseling Association on “Addiction in Disguise”
- Presenter for the Play Therapy Community – Innovative Child Therapy Symposium “Helping Teens Ambivalent About Vaping”