We are a private pay mental health practice. We have listed below reasons for this over using insurance as well as forms of payment accepted.
60 minute sessions – $120
How does private pay work?
I am private pay meaning I do not bill insurance companies directly. I can offer you a “superbill” that you can send into your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
Some of the benefits of not using insurance are:
– More confidentiality – Your employer, doctors, or other healthcare providers do not have access to your personal information or diagnosis (unless you give permission). When you choose to receive a “superbill” to submit for insurance I have to include a diagnosis code and dates of service in order for them to consider reimbursement, which does share some personal information.
– No diagnosis required – A diagnosis does not have to be given to justify you being in therapy. For instance, if you are trying to get a security clearance or into the military, private pay does not have to disclose a diagnosis for you.
– Insurance company does not dictate terms of treatment – Length of treatment and type of treatment is not dictated by insurance companies which gives us the freedom for individual healing based on your specific needs.
Things to consider if you want to use your insurance:
– Do you have a deductible, and if so, what is it?
– What is your out-of-network mental health coverage?
– Does the therapist on your insurance panel specialize/have training in what you are struggling with?
Conventional forms of payment
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Mindset Counseling Solutions does accept Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for Health Advocate. EAP’s typically pay for a certain number of sessions. If you have a different EAP please call for more information in regards to using EAP services.
If using an EAP your employer may know that you are seeking counseling services.
Health Flexible Spending Cards
We accept Health Flexible Spending Cards. This works like a credit card and some companies provide this card in which the consumer can choose what to spend it on, such as eye glasses, bloodwork, or mental health, for instance.
Open Path – Sliding Fee Scale
We offer multiple sliding fee sessions for those in need. To qualify, please create an Open Path account and we will then discuss sliding fee payments. Click the image below to get registered.
Contact our office for more information regarding our
payment options and how to get started.